The following took place last weekend in Playa Maderas in San Juan del Sur. It was an otherwise lovely weekend, minus the bloody part and the fact that I still cannot sleep or sit on my left cheek. Enjoy.
 |
| What a nice rock, perfect to pose for a picture. Side note: notice all the smaller rocks around the one I have my eye on. |
 |
| Notice the fairly large wave creeping up behind me. Also notice how oblivious I appear to be. |
|
|
 |
| The dot in the middle of all the foam is my head after I have been unceremoniously swept off my serene pose. My friend Anneriet so nicely captured all of this on film for the world to enjoy. | | | |
|
|
|
I will leave to your imagination the bloody trail that ensued. Picture were taken, but they are hardly flattering. Thank goodness it was just my rear and not my head-a head injury could have really put a damper on things around here.
oh my god! I hope you are ok, looks like a serious wave knock down!
ReplyDeletei really hope you weren't hurt too badly because i am chuckling... :)
ReplyDeleteOh no! Waves often surprise me with their strength
ReplyDeleteLadies, yes I am ok, except for a little wounding of my pride and a very delicate tushy right now. Amanda, this little experience could have been prevented had I remembered Costa Rica and the near death experience though. Haha.
ReplyDeleteglad you weren't hurt too badly!
ReplyDeleteI distinctly remember the absence of lifeguards there - glad it wasn't your head!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you're okay Claire, but your little adventure reaped some pretty cool photos!
ReplyDeleteBy the way, if you're ever on this side of the pond, I'd be happy to take you around! Your adventures are just so much fun to read and they sound like a little bit like mine in the past.
Reese, I would love to take you up on that sometime!!
ReplyDeleteHaha Claire! Somehow I landed on your blog and this one made me laugh again! Poor you...But you know, the wounds are healed now but the photo's you'll have forever. So it was worth it...
ReplyDeleteYes, it is rather funny. And yes, the wounds are healed, but DID IT HURT for days!!
ReplyDelete