Monday, August 9, 2010

The Wedding Wrap-Up


 In case I hadn't mentioned it in every travel post from March through May...I got married! A few of you have asked for details and pictures and so today, I deviate from the theme of this blog to bring you Wedding 2010 in the Wild and Wonderful.

First, the Relationship: Together 3.5 years, Engaged for 14 months, Married just over 2 months.
Love at First Sight?: We met playing volleyball. He was convinced that I was going to be his next girlfriend. I spent the next six months trying to prove him wrong. He won that argument.
The Engagement: Occurred March of 2009 in Independence Park, Philadelphia. It's where I lost my full independence ;) but gained a partner.
The Wedding: May 29, 2010 in the backyard of his grandmother's house. Beautiful location. Reception at an old historic hotel in Shepherdstown WV.
Week before Wedding: Hell On Earth. It deserves its own capital letters and everything.  I do not ever, EVER, want to live through a week like that again. And we are fairly simple people, none of this hooplah over minutiae, no drama. Bridezilla, I am not. I cannot imagine planning a wedding where  details are king and everything must be perfect.  I have complete and upmost empathy for any brides-to-be and will now bend over backwards to be of service to them. Luckily, I have an amazing group of girlfriends that pulled through. And Adam, for being like most men who does not care about colors, seating, and lighting, was pretty decently helpful. Good work love! (He reads this blog, must say nice things. And in this case, they are true!).
Wedding day: Calm and peaceful. No rain. Oh, did I mention that a full meltdown occurred the day before when upon checking weather.com, angry looking lightning bolts and black clouds were graciously pictured right under "Saturday, May 29th"?  Outdoor weddings do not mesh well with water.
Best part of the day: The Vows. Nobody bothering us, just me and him.
Enjoy a few pics of the day!














7 comments:

  1. Ok, as an invited guest at the "Event of the Year," I must say that from all outward appearances, it looked like everything went off without a hitch!! If you were nervous, it only showed slightly when your Dad was walking you down the aisle. For a brief moment, you looked like you were going to cry, but you should - you're the bride and it's allowed! Truly, it was amazing from start fo finish and you do make a beautiful couple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, i WAS crying!! and thanks so much for being there for our big day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the wedding background stories, and your dress is really lovely! How special to have it in a loved one's backyard! Looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dress looks beautiful and so do you! I'm so glad you finally posted your wedding pics. And I agree...wedding vows are the best part of it all. I agree with Mary, how blessed were you guys to have the ceremony at a family location.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks mary and reese! glad you enjoyed. oh and there are tons of pictures, i just couldn't decide which ones to put up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Outdoor weddings do not mesh well with water" ha-ha! I'm sure they don't! I'm glad your day turned out to be a non-watery one. Congratulations on your marriage and your new life!

    ReplyDelete