So I have hit the mid-winter blues. It's not even December. There is one cure, and only one, for such an ailment.
Book a trip somewhere! Anywhere! Who cares!
In an effort to stave off certain mood swings brought on by winter and no trips in sight, I have done the right thing for myself and mankind. I am going to Spain. I mean, this is definitely an altruistic move on my part. Definitely. Just looking out for the welfare of others.
But anyway, on with the announcement of my New Travel BFF. It's a handy dandy little feature on kayak.com which allows you to specify your home city and then with one click of a button, a map of the world pops up and you can see airfares to tons of destinations all over the world. I am practically giddy just writing about it.
I first heard about it from the Birthday Boy (the one was responsible for the Turkey Trip. Which, incidentally, I left readers hanging after just writing Part 1 of the birthday story). I guess he felt bitten by the bug after Turkey, and was somewhat miserable, wanting to be anywhere but here. Birthday Boy stumbled across this amazing feature, and next thing I knew, he was jetting off to Italy for Thanksgiving.
Wait a minute here! I AM THE ONE WHO IS SUPPOSED TO BE ALL TRAVEL SAVVY AND KNOWS ALL THE TRADE SECRETS. Hmmmpfff.
I got over my angst rather quickly and set off to find my own travel deal. Realizing that a mere $372 from Washington D.C would get me to Madrid round trip, I pounced. No seriously, there was some pouncing. They call me Jungle Cat for short. (not really).
February it is. Madrid I shall see. And hopefully Barcelona? Headed off with a friend and any others who care to join!
i never knew about kayak.com thanks for the informationo
ReplyDeleteI hope you will not be participating in the Running of the Bulls (whenever that happens)- I bid you safe travel, you TravelNut!!
ReplyDeleteOh Madrid, you definitely have been green with envy!
ReplyDeleteI am excited to say the least!
ReplyDeleteWow! Awesome deal! You can't NOT go! Thanks for your lovely message. I'm still sick, but loaded up on some new antibiotics that ought to do the trick. Apparently I have broncial pneumonia, plus some Gastritic bacteria that gave me some type of ulcer/acid reflux.
ReplyDeleteAnyways, if you're ever near Italy, please swing by!
How exciting. You will love Madrid. It is a wonderful city! There is so much to do in the city and near by.
ReplyDeletereese, i would LOVE to swing by if I am ever in Italy! You can count on it ;)
ReplyDeletepond jumpers-i have only just begun to research and am getting a little overwhelmed by the possibilities. so much to do, so little time!
Spain is a fantastic travel destination!
ReplyDeletekayak.com/explore is awesome! and Madrid is even MORE awesome! Enjoy :) -adam
ReplyDelete