A few things have changed around here: I am no longer a substitute teacher, single, or living with my parents. What hasn't changed: my love for travel. This teacher loves to see the world!
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Away I Go
Armed with only the knowledge of the currency conversion (1.5 Lira to 1 US dollar) and the temperatures in Istanbul for the next 7 days (mid 60's and pleasantly sunny), off I head into the wild blue yonder. I will admit that some momentary panic was experienced last night as I contemplated that this was the extent of my knowledge of Turkey. Lonely Planet-less leaves me planless and that is one place that this girl does not like to be! This will be good for me though. Going to land where the wind takes me. So! I've got my standard traveling shoes ("vintagey" Diesel, looking a little worse for wear), my passport, some lip gloss, a few US dollars, my ATM card and I am ready to rock. I have decided to throw complete caution to the wind and cram all of my necessities into one small carry-on, shunning the convenience of an actual suitcase or backpack. Livin' on the edge here folks. Hopefully I remember to actually bring it back with me. We know from a previous and recent trip which shall remain nameless that this is a tall order. Back next week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment