Thursday, April 1, 2010

A Bachelorette's Last Hurrah

Next week, I am headed to Austin, Texas to celebrate my waning weeks of near unbridled freedom. It has been nice these past 30 years. (For the record, I am NOT 30 just yet).  I suppose a few sacrifices shall need to be made here and there to ensure wedded bliss and that's ok-it's all part of give and take and.......love. Awwww. But anyway, the full extent of these sacrifices will not be taking place prior to next week and so off to Austin I GO!

I am pretty pumped for this trip. After all, two of my  BFF's who are also doubling as bridesmaids, have been talking about the home of their alma mater practically from the moment I met them. "Hook 'em horns" is an expression now permanently lodged in my soul. The promise of delectable Tex-Mex awaits. The chill vibe of the live music capital is waiting to be confirmed. Austin is beckoning.  Time to see if it's all it's cracked up to be.

As I am not in charge of this trip, I am unsure of our exact itinerary and agenda. I have a distinct suspicion though, that it will be pretty darn fabulous. And here is a little sad fact for you-I am going to be spending four days or so with six amazing friends. Yet, what is numero uno in my brain  right now? FOOD! If you know me at all, you are not surprised in the least by this. After all, I like to eat first and second lunch, followed by various snacks and an early dinner and then chocolate in any form.    But I must blame two of those amazing friends for this -they have filled my head with visions of Tex-Mex deliciousness for seven years now! Seven! Here are two places that have really impeded my levels of productivity this week-  www.chuys.com and www.mightycone.com.

Now, the cone place is not Tex-Mex, but I must say that I am completely intrigued by the menu and the fact that everything is apparently neatly ensconced within a cone.  Then I found out that it's located in a trailer on Congress, along with a bajillion other trailers laden with various cuisines and well, now I feel that aside from stuffing ourselves, we now may not get much else accomplished on this trip. Yup, that's how excited I get about good food. Forget the scandalous bachelorette games, the questionable knock on the door, and the scanty attire. Bring on the eats.

More upon my return.  And if anyone has any good recommendations for what to do, see, and of course eat :) in Austin, bring it on!

6 comments:

  1. I love this article for many reasons. I have been stoked from the day you said you wanted to have Austin as the prime celebration for your last hurrah. I've told person after person that my DC loves are coming to none other than beautiful Austin. I got goosebumps after reading this post because there is absolutely nothing better than having wonderful friends in a city I love so much. Have I mentioned how much I love Austin? Yes, I love Austin.

    BTW, check out Trudy's. Good Tex-Mex but better for Mexican Martinis that you must have..

    ReplyDelete
  2. There you have it folks--One of the aforementioned BFF's! See? She can't get enough of it and that's why I'm going!! Can't wait PPandit! woooohoooooo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing better than a combo of BFF's, GREAT food, and all the laughs you girls will have. I think you will have a fantastic time. But, you HAVE to give details in your next blog - can't wait for that one!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so fantastic that you're taking a trip with your best friends before your wedding!

    I love Tex-mex food! I always eat as much as I can when I visit my best friend out there in Texas.

    I hear you about food. I get excited about food all the time. My husband thinks I'm a bit abnormal about this. I'm even territorial when it comes to my plate. I'm not very good at sharing my food unless I've ordered extra.

    Have a great time. Can't wait to hear your stories about it.

    :-))

    ReplyDelete
  5. details will be forthcoming.....the ones i can post publicly of course!
    ;) just kidding, we are very well-behaved girls.

    and shopgirl, you and i would get along fabulously b/c we would never ever try to touch each other's food!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so excited... and I can't think of a better city to celebrate with you, for all the reasons mentioned in this post. YAY! Austin is not going to know what hit it.

    ReplyDelete